The Plastics Puzzle
Students, alumni, faculty, staff and the public are invited to a panel conversation about single-use plastics, the circular economy and the roles we play as consumers. Hear from the panelists about the extent of the plastics challenge, the impact on the environment, and where we go from here. There will be a question and answer period following the panel presentation.
THE PLASTICS PUZZLE
February 26, 2020
4:30 – 6 PM
Physics 107, University of Saskatchewan Campus
Open to everyone (public, students, faculty, staff, and alumni)
Free to attend, RSVP required
- Joe Deutscher (BE’85, Chemical Engineering): Retired, Past Vice President Dow Chemical Canada
- Tony Moucachen: Co-Founder & President, Merlin plastics – recycler & processors of post-consumer and post-industrial container packaging
- Lin Gallagher: Executive-in-Residence, Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy and former Deputy Minister for the Ministry of Environment, Government of Saskatchewan
- Wes Kotyk: Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Environment, Environmental Protection Division, Government of Saskatchewan
- Kevin Acton: Director of Operations, Sarcan
The panel will be moderated by the College of Engineering Dean, Dr. Suzanne Kresta.
The Plastics Puzzle panel is proudly hosted by the University of Saskatchewan College of Engineering and the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy.