Job Interviews & Negotiations
** For Female Engineering Students at the University of Saskatchewan**
You’ve taken a million math classes, solved countless engineering problems, sacrificed sleep, sanity, and worked very hard to be where you are. Make the most of all your blood, sweat and tears and showcase your best self when pursuing your dream career!
The competition is fierce… you must convince references, scholarship selection committees and hiring managers that you’re the best woman to support, select and hire.
So, join GearUP and specialist Rachel Jacobs from Rockwell Automation to gain the skills you need to stand out!
Come prepared with a job you’d like to apply for, a scholarship you’d like to win or a general goal you’re hoping to achieve.
Rachel will cover topics such as:
- How to figure out what your prospective employer is looking for and how to align your experience with their hiring criteria
- How to discuss your salary with confidence
- How to distinguish yourself from other candidates
- What you can expect as a new hire in the engineering industry
- What types of career paths are available to engineers and how to pursue a path less traveled
You will also have the opportunity to network with a variety of engineering professionals, such as Nicole Flek from Nutrien, while enjoying a complementary lunch and beverages throughout the day!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Sponsored by: U of S College of Engineering, K+S Potash, APEGS, CNH Industrial & Cargill